Humantay lake, 1 day - early leaving to avoid crowds!
Price as of 2021:
Group service: US$ 20 (80 soles) each person.
Private service: US$ 100 – each person, minimum with 2 people.
How to pay it? You can pay it a day before of your departure date at 7:00 pm in your accommodation or via PayPal (8% more).
A “must do” hike going by bus along the mountains of Cusco area to sight the nevado of Salkantay (6271 masl – 20569 ft), also to hike to the bottom of the Huamantay glacier where lays the unique turquoise Humantay lake.
You will be pick up at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4:30 am, so the bus leaves by 4:30 am from Cusco city taking 2 hours to Mollepata the breakfast place, afterwards it takes 1 more hour to Soraypampa the beginning point at 3900 masl (12792 ft).
After being impressed by the view of the Salkantay glacier located a few km away, you will hike 2 hours uphill to the bottom of the Humantay glacier, and its turquoise lake which is at 4200 masl (13776) doing 300 meters (984 ft) uphill, over there you will have time likely 20 – 30 minutes to explore on your own around this peaceful lake.
The way back takes 1, and a half hour downhill to Soraypampa where the bus will take you back to Mollepata, the lunch place.
After lunch, you need 2 more hours by bus back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
What is incuded?
– Bus round trip from Cusco – Soraypampa – Cusco.
– 1 breakfast at Mollepata.
– Bilingual tour guide (Spanish, and English).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– 1 lunch at Mollepata.
What you need to take with you?
– Extra 20 soles for the entrance fee at Mollepata.
– Extra 160 soles (US$ 40) for some expenses like horse riding (100 soles – US$ 25), bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to tempearature varies from 0 °C to 25 °C.
– Warm clothes, sun glasses.
– Rain jacket, and rain poncho on rainy season from October through middle April.
– A daypack.
– 2 liters of bottled water.